Thursday, March 29, 2012

What do you think about Ha Hien Hotel?

On May, I will have a trip in Ho Chi Minh City. Some friends of mine recommended me to stay at Ha Hien Hotel. However, when I read the comments at tripadvisor, there are some good and bad about the hotel. Hence, I am confused. I don%26#39;t know I should book Ha Hien Hotel or not. Could you give me some advice about the Hotel please? Thanks for your help.



What do you think about Ha Hien Hotel?


Dear Lemon13,





I booked for my guests to stay there. The bed is hard but when you make a booking, you should ask the hotel to put extra blanket underneath bed so that you will sleep on soft bed. Please ask for rooms on the 9th floor for great view. Room 901, 906 are perfect





Jason



What do you think about Ha Hien Hotel?




Hi Lemon13,



I rarely post about hotels in Vietnam, although I have stayed in probably 50 hotels from 1* to 5*%26#39;s all over Vietnam. Can I give an opinion only on this Hotel.I stayed here in 2007 in June.I stayed at it only because of TA recommendations---I would have generally have stayed elsewhere, trusted my own judgement.



The Advantages----Its very well located near the Ben Thanh markets and other attractions in the Pham Ngu Lao district. It is relatively new and has modern bathroom fittings etc.



The Disadvantages (as I experienced them---and I was staying in an upmarket room , room 706 from memory---at the back of the hotel--good location)



%26gt; value for money it was very poor---there are dozens of better hotels in the area.



%26gt; The room was very small by 2* standards---hardly room to swing a cat.



%26gt; The lighting was poor---I often like to read at night and sometimes work.



%26gt; The breakfast was not good----I have stayed in 2* hotels everywhere in VN and expect the food to be basic, but this was the poorest.



%26gt; The airconditioning was not up to standard ---it took 1 hour to get the room down to temperature --- in a normal hotel like this it takes 10 minutes.I asked for some help ---got nowhere.



%26gt; Rooms at the front of the hotel are very noisy---Le Tu Trong street is quite busy.



%26gt; The room has no room safe , which does not worry me, and I locked everything in the Hotel main safe. The morning after I had to wait until the manager arrived at 8 am to get my passport and money out to buy a ticket at VN airlines---the girls had no authority to open the safe, which again is most unusual ---normally not a problem.



%26gt; Because of the high tourist traffic through Pham Ngu Area, the staff, not surprisingly were quite indifferent.----just a job to them.



%26gt; These things are irrelvent but the lift broke down 4 times in one day ---OK, a 7 floor walk is good for your health ( this could have happened anywhere, I guess)



%26gt; Attempting to shave at 6am, the basin tap exploded and flooded the room ---I am an old construction guy and thought that the isolating valve would be in the room, the ceiling or in the service cupboard in the corridor ---I failed to find it, it was in the ceiling of the room below and when the Manager arrived at 8am , he had to wake the people below to cut off the water ---no one else had a clue---it was all funny , if that%26#39;s the humour you like!



OK, thats the view of a poster who has been to Vietnam over 20 trips in 10 years----lived there 3 years---I can make comparisons with other hotels from experience.



I moved out and went to my old favourite in this area, better room, service and two thirds of the price ---certainly the last time I will listen to any hotel advice on TA.



When I post of hotels on this Forum , it is very rare that I make recommendations---we all expect something different!



As you can gather , I think you will find better value elsewhere!-----I am not one to complain , I live on provincial country areas all the time , but this hotel really took the cake!---- and I just see they have upped the price significantly!



plover








Lemon,





We stayed there in November...they have varieties of room available, base on what rate you pay for.





I don%26#39;t know what is your budget. We stayed in 3 different kinds of room. The room with front street view is spacious, but the noise from the street might bother some. It doesn%26#39;t bother me, but it bother my hubby. Some room have shower and some have bathtub. I prefer the shower one.





The suite is big with two king beds. Room with no window is small.





Location is excellent, right around the corner is Ben Thanh Market.





Bed is hard...but the service is really nice. I remember once we checked in, the owner of the hotel have fruits and hot tea brought up to the room for us.





The receptionist, Uyen is really sweet. I think sometime due to the language barrier, people came across as not nice...but truly everyone is really nice at the hotel.





We left our luggage for 2 nights with the hotel, and when we return, they brought it up to our room with no problems.





Across the street from the hotel down the alley is a laundry place, dry cleaning is cheap and they did a great job. We would leave our clothes for dry cleaning and come back the next day to pick it up.





I walked the street at night by myself and feel really safe.




I appreciated your comments. What hotel do you recommend for that price and for location. I am thinking of Ha Hien/Saigon mini hotel %26amp; Bich Duyen.





What do you think?





Regards Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment