Thursday, March 29, 2012

To fly or not to fly

I noticed a lot of tours fly between towns, why is this? Are the roads not so good and take a long time to drive along? Are there not many sights between the towns of interest?



I am wondering if we can fly from Saigon to Dalat and then Dalat to Nha Trang. Dalat seems not far from Nha Trang and so maybe a bus or train if so how long does that take and the expected cost.



Nha Trang to Hoi An or is Danang the nearest airport and are there transfers and if so how long do they take to Hoi An and the expected costs.



We then will fly to Hanoi.



Any advise on travel within Vietnam would be appreciated especially the approximate costs of airfares and if they leave regularly between the aforementioned towns.



Thanks



Niec



To fly or not to fly


Hi Niec





There is no rail link between Saigon and Dalat.





Hourly bus depart from Saigon and arrive at Dalat 8 hours later.Cost US 15





Air travel range from US50-US100(Saigon to Dalta)





Cheers



To fly or not to fly


Most tourists are recommended to fly between destinations, because the roads aren%26#39;t all that great and the average speed of both road vehicles and trains is about 50kmh, so it take a lot of time to get anywhere, when you could spend that time at your destination. Travelling by land between cities is not unlike driving across the Nullarbor but with rice paddies.



Da Nang is the nearest airport to Hoi An then you need to take a bus, taxi or private car. I%26#39;d opt for taxi or private car, we paid $25US a year ago. Takes about an hour by road.



For airfare prices and schedules you can look at the Vietnam Airlines and Jetstar Pacific websites.




Thanks to both of you....eight hours on a bus is far too long on my you know where...wouldn%26#39;t mind if I had the option of stopovers for breaks where I liked for photos etc...so it seems the plane is the go.



I will get the taxi from Danang airport to Hoi An



Funny rural WA I have never been across the Nullabor but I get your drift...been to WA though a long time back and up to the Kimberleys before the roads were sealed...Perth is beautiful if I recall



Niec



Banana bender!!




Hi niec,





Dalat to Nhatrang i use sinh cafe company it depart from dalat 0800 and arrive Nhatrang around 1300. They stop at Cham Town for 10 minutes for go to toilet and another bus stop - 40 mins for having lunch, Cost around USD5 / pax.





I booked transfer with same company again cost at USD13 from hoi an to Danang airport. I think maybe should be the same rate from airport to hoi an





enjoy your trip.




Thanks Bullmae



Well that%26#39;s great info about the bus, costs and the stopovers...I believe it is wonderful scenery on the drive to Dalat from Saigon. Is that true or is it from Dalat to Nha Trang?



I really wanted to get up to the old french hill station as I have heard it is interesting.



Cheers



Niec




Hi Nice.





Road to/from Dalat you will have chance to see bird eyes view coz dalat located on the hill.



You will enjoy a cool weather all year long 16-23 c.





I really like transportation system in Vietnam, they are cover highlight destination and client easy to book it via agency every conner of the street.





enjoy yr trip.




Thanks again Bullmay I will add the info to my itiniery to consider...can%26#39;t wait to get to Vietnam



Niec




hi Nice,





Yep hope you enjoy your trip





I just back from Vietnam (south - central - north route) last 21 Feb 09.





Anyway I need to go back there again now !!



if i can ..





if you have any topic please let us know i love to share.




So Bullmay



Tell me why you need to go back?



So good there....I hear great reviews about Vietnam now and many people go again and again from Australia.



Niec

No comments:

Post a Comment