Thursday, March 29, 2012

Vinasun taxi in HCMC

I just came back from HCMC on 18 Oct 08. I took a Vinasun 7 seater taxi(plate no. 56k 9523)from my hotel nr Ben Thah Market to airport. The meter showed 124000D(USD7.5)when I reached airport but he charged me abt USD10.30. I had an argument with him about it. However due to language barrier, I%26#39;m unable to understand his explanation n he kept pointing out to the roads opposite the airport, maybe meaning that we had to pay some road or airport tax. He refused to return and drove off hastily. Can anybody please enlighten me about it. Thanks...

Vinasun taxi in HCMC

wow, i had heard on here previously that Vinasun were one of the more reliable taxi companies? perhaps I should stick to Mai Linh? or perhaps there is a simple explanation for all of this?

Vinasun taxi in HCMC

I was there 3 months ago. I remember after landed, we came out and the taxi driver paid a fee of 5,000 VND but on the way in, he didn鈥檛 pay any.

How much did you pay him? 10.30 US$?


The meter stated 124000VND but he insisted that it was 165000VND and additional of 5000VND,a total of 170000VND(USD 10.30) for the whole trip to airport. When we went to look at the meter again to confront him, he quickly reset the meter. He refused to change the correct amount to us and drove off quickly.

I also thought that Vinasun is a reliable company but I guess it all lies on the moral attitude of the driver. Maybe these might be the new way to cheat tourist when old tricks are not working.

My advise is to have an exact amount so that little or no change is required.


I also took the vinasun on Oct. 14th from Ben Thanh Market to airport. The meter shows only VND 88,000. I gave him a VND 100,000. I don%26#39;t think they pay 5000 on the way in but they do pay when they get out from the airport for the airport fee. I guess you should report to Vinasun so the mangament can take action. Another rotten apple..


i did not encounter any bad experience with vinasun. i stayed in Saigon Pink Hotel, near to Ben Thanh. i negotiated the price before we get in. i paid USD5 from hotel to airport.


Hello,

What I can say now is Vinasun is not a reliable taxi as I thought... Of course not all the taxi drivers are bad. I believe the main reason is that Vinasun has a very bad bad management system. Their directors and managers are very rude and irresponsible. We all should stick to Mailinh.


Be careful before you get on vinasun taxi because they can kick you out as long as they find out that where you are going is not on their way to do something else. They can kick you out in the middile of the street. And if you complain, their jerky managers will give you more crap. I am embarrased to have those people in my country. Avoid them as much as you can if you don%26#39;t want to get mad.


i was there in Dec 2007 and my taxi cab (My Linh) fare was 90,000 dong from New World Hotel to the airport.

  • primer for combination skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment