Thursday, March 29, 2012

Halong Bay Junk Boats

Would anyone have any info on Junk boats in Halong Bay? I have narrowed it down to...



Bhaya



Jasmine



Ginger and Red Dragon. Has anyone stayed on these and would love to hear any feed back on which is the better one. They all look good. Thank you



Halong Bay Junk Boats


Yes, they are all good and categorized to a luxury cruise in Halong Bay with modern facilities and comfort for your stay. But among those, Red Dragon is winning my book since it is the most off the beaten routine and price reasonable. For a reference, take a look on this link if you wish to study further details of their itineraries.



halongjunkcruise.com/vi-vn/鈥efault.aspx



Halong Bay Junk Boats


we just came back from a trip on the red dragon last week and had a fantastic time. it%26#39;s a beautiful boat with a lovely staff and spotless, nicely decorated rooms. honestly it was the best night%26#39;s sleep i%26#39;d had in 2 weeks! very good food and an itinerary that keeps far away from the crowds. we had 8 people on ours and lucked out with a great bunch.





i can%26#39;t fault a thing, except a slightly leaky shower! feel free to email me if you have more questions at all.





kerry




we just came back from a trip on the red dragon last week and had a fantastic time. it%26#39;s a beautiful boat with a lovely staff and spotless, nicely decorated rooms. honestly it was the best night%26#39;s sleep i%26#39;d had in 2 weeks! very good food and an itinerary that keeps far away from the crowds. we had 8 people on ours and lucked out with a great bunch.





i can%26#39;t fault a thing, except a slightly leaky shower! feel free to email me if you have more questions at all.





kerry




Hi Kerry,





Thank you so much for the info. I think you have sealed the deal for us to go with the Red Dragon. Can you tell me what you paid and who you went through to make the booking? And can you suggest one of the better rooms to ask about. Would like a private room for a double. Did you have to pay extra for the kyaking? Thank you so much and look forward to hearing from you.





Take care




Below is reply I posted some time ago. I also wanted to get an idea on cost. The kayaking is included with the Red Dragon. As I am going on the boat next week I am not sure of the rooms to book (only 5 cabins on the boat) but I did read from another post that the front room has windows on both sides so I assume the better of the rooms but better to wait to hear fom another on that. There may be better boats but I have heard nothing but great things about the Red Dragon so good choice. Have fun.





My postfrom before:





I researched quite a bit and found that the Red Dragon is anywhere from $160.00 to 170.00 US Per Person based on Double for the 1 night 2 day trip for my trip the first few days in March. I am a single and the single supplement is an additional $90.00 on top of the $165.00 which I paid. I paid through my hotel in Hanoi rather than directly through the Red Dragon website just so I can confirm with them on check in.











Hope that helps.




Thanks for the info. Would love to hear from you when you return off the boat. Could you let me know what room to request, would love the one with windows. Hope you have a good time. Looking forward to hearing from you on your return.





Thank you




Just been on the website listed above for all the junk boats on Halong Bay and at our exchange rate it is now $218 AUD for 1 night and 2 days or $140 USD.All rooms seem to be same cost and it takes 11 on board with 3xdoubles, 1x twin and a family room of 3.



I am really considering this as it seems to be the nicer and more interesting for the price.



Now here%26#39;s my question



I am not into swimming, snorkelling or kyaking but I dont mind a spot of fishing and am in the more mature age set, but have been into boats most of my life....is this junk for me!




Base on what you have shared, I think the Lagoon Explorer is more of favors for: smaller like a family style junk, 3 of 4 cabins only, a cosier set up than Red Dragon and also less expensive than.



Don%26#39;t worry about itinerary. Lagoon Explorer and Red Dragon are under the same ownership and operation.




hi dooges-



sorry for the delay--we were traveling back to the states. sad to say we%26#39;re back, and it is chilly! i miss vietnam already.





re: red dragon, we paid $165 through hanoi elegance 2, the hotel we stayed at in hanoi. (a great little hotel, by the way.) the kayaking and the RT transport to/from hanoi was included. unreal that some of the mire expensive cruises want you to pay extra for kayaking! so that was one thing that sold me on the red dragon from the get-go. i think someone said they found it for $140? if so, that%26#39;s a good price, but make sure everything%26#39;s included.





there are only 5 rooms on the boat, and i%26#39;d say the 3 farthest from the kitchen and engine are the ones you want. we had one of the double rooms there, and it was blissfully quiet. i%26#39;d avoid the closer 2 cabins since they could be a bit louder and might get some fumes from the engine.





i%26#39;ll try to post some photos from the boat. or PM me your email and i%26#39;ll send them right to you.





kerry




i was in halong bay in november and didnt book it until i got to hanoi for a 3 day two night cruise was 60 us per person now, i wouldnt call it top of the line in luxary but the price was way below that i saw on the web sites

No comments:

Post a Comment