Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Travel to Cambodia

I would like to travel from Phu Quoc Is by boat up into Cambodia - I will have my wife and two young children (10 and 7). What%26#39;s the best way to get from the island over to the border crossing to get on a boat? We don%26#39;t want to fly back into HCMC. I need to keep in mind that lengthy bus trips to the border would not be in the best interest of the kids, so if a stopover is required, so be it.





Thanks.





Phil (Australia)



Travel to Cambodia


You can easily go from Ha tien (border) to Phu Quoc.



Ha Tien is 2hrs drive from Kep and very good road.



You have a speed boat leaving every morning at 8AM from Ha tien and you will arrive to Phu Quoc at 9.30AM



Travel to Cambodia


Thanks John. Much appreciated. I assumed boat and car were the options. It was wishful thinking of a boat straight to Cambodia.





Any idea of the length of time by vehicle from Rach Gia to Chau Doc (border)? I%26#39;m keeping in mind the two kids might be bit over travelling if the ferry from PQ Is takes five hours. Thanks again.




We went from PP To phu quoc last June.



The car trip will take you at least 2 hours, the road is 2 way traffic and quite narrow.



The fast boat is not much more than a tinny that seats 14? with a canapy over the top I have a photo if you want to PM me and no toilets.



You do stop at the 2 border crossing and scramble up the banks and there are toilet.



We came across very heavy rain when we did the trip and it was a litte scarry as visability was 0 and there is a bit of large traffic on the river.



It was an experience and we did get to see a lot more of the country side.



I prebooked all of this through Sinhbalo travel and I was glad I did as there was not much English in this region They had a person on the boat from the vietnam border to where we got off the boat who then found our driver for us.He did single us out so I think he was there to look after us. A lot of younger backpackers were on the boat as well and they found this guy very handy to find out what was going on and how to get to there destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment