Saturday, April 21, 2012

Halong day trip or 2d/1n why does 1night give you more?

Hi all !

Sorry for the same old question again, but I still could not find the answer what I`m looking for.

Why does the 2d/1 night Halong tour give you more than a day trip ?

I have checked many many tour companies, and there is not a big difference between a day trip and a 2days trip.

On a first day the itinerary totally the same , on a 2 days cruise you finish a cruising in a same time than a day trip tour, but you just go to sleep in one of the islands or on a boat, meanwhile the day trip tour heading to Hanoi.

The next day after breakfast you leave a bay and go back to Hanoi anyway.

So, please try to help me to understand why I should choose a 2d/1n trip.

And what I will miss if I would go for just a day trip ?

I do appreciate for any answer.

Thanks,

zskin

Halong day trip or 2d/1n why does 1night give you more?

Hi zskin

You will missed the fun of being ';inprison'; on a junk at Halong bay,no where to go but to enjoy the cool breeze and stars of Halong Bay.

Cheers

Halong day trip or 2d/1n why does 1night give you more?

:-))

Thanks leopang !

-

So, if I would choose to stay on a boat there will be nothing else just sitting and staring the stars.

It looks very boring for me.

I`m just thinking at night the visibility is limited, so hardly you could see anything.

I think I would go just for a day trip and at night after Halong,just wondering around in Hanoi that will be more fun than the ';imprison'; feeling.

But, seriously why everyone recommend to go for a 2d/1n tour or more , if there is nobody who can explain me why ?

I have read enough about junks, which is better than the other one , which tour company better than the other one, which junk is more luxurious than the other one...

I`m not the person who does really mind the marble floor in the bathroom...

You go to Halong to see Halong and not to see how luxurious the boat is and how good the food is.

Anyway, I think I have made my decision.

I wish everyone a nice holiday !

zskin


sunset,sunrise, dinner on the water, the lights of the other junks; it is a very special place; i note u have read about the junks but be aware some of the day tour boats have many more passangers on them; also if u want go kayaking, many day cruises have limited time for this.


If you do a day trip from Hanoi you will spend most of your time travelling on the highway - a very tiring experience. Yes you go to Halong to see Halong but do you want to see or do you want to EXPERIENCE IT (and do so not being rushed or tired). The morning after you actually cruise for the morning, it is not that you hop on board the car for the trip back to Hanoi straight away.

So sure - do the whirlwind trip if that is what you want, go there take your pictures and tick it off your list, OR you can go and take it a bit more of a leisurely pace and get FEEL for the place as well.

Personally I would recommend even doing a 3D/2N trip and really chill out - it was one of the best things we did on our month trip to Vietnam


nowrabase,Twig-Cairns!

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately our time is limited, I have an option to do a day trip, or do 2d/1n trip ( but I will lose 1 day in Hanoi from the 1and1/2)

This is why I`m looking for the difference between the 2 options.

Yes, I know that would be better to cruising around 3 or more days, but this time I can`t do it.

Maybe the problem is who did a day trip they did not do more nights, or who did more nights they did not do the day trip.It is hard to compare them if you did not do all both.

Thanks for the advice!

zskin

  • simliar to ps
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment