Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Trekking in Sapa

Can anybody tell me about Trekking in Sapa?



We leave Melbourne next Friday 6th February and firstly fly into Hanoi but then catch the ET Pumpkin Train overnight to Sapa. We are doing the ET Pumpkin ';Visiting Traditional Market %26amp; Trekking'; which is 1 night in Sapa and two on train.



I don%26#39;t seem to be able to find out what fitness level you need to do the trekking - if anybody has done it, can they enlighten me as to how difficult it is. Thanks



Trekking in Sapa


Hi OzGreyNomads







Would say leisure walk for fews hours.





The beaten path is very easy to trek if it does not rain.





Any person that has done a reasonable amount of leisure walking(%26gt; 2 hours) is OK.





Trekking is easily arrange at Sapa itself.





Cheers



Trekking in Sapa


I imagine there are easy treks and then there are HARDER TREKS - depends where you go, mine was moderately difficult over rock, stream, mud, dung and trail. In this colder weather, I%26#39;d imagine it would be somewhat easier. Why aren%26#39;t you asking Pumpkin about the trek?




Thanks for your comments - very much appreciated.




Thanks for your comments. I have tried asking ET Pumpkin but all they do is tell me what is in the brochure, which doesn%26#39;t really clarify it for me - I think sometimes it is probably due to a language problem and they probably don%26#39;t understand what I%26#39;m asking them.




Hi OzGreyNomads,





You should ask Pumpkin whether any member of the staffs had done this trekking personally.???(refer to brochure????





It appear that they are only Postman to collect commission,unable to tell you the actual ground condition over there.





This is what going to happen%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;You will be handed over to some local staffs at Sapa upon arrival at Lai Cai rail station




Might of missed you but my son and I trekked back in June and it was mainly downhill. Weather was really warm but not unbearable and the guide lets you walk at your own pace.





Stunning scenery and worth the visit. You won%26#39;t be disappointed. Not sure about the weather this time of the year though, hope it is not too misty.


  • skin care products
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment