Monday, April 23, 2012

Sharing My virgin Trip in HCMC

Hi all, just to share my with all new travellers on my first trip to HCMC. Overall it%26#39;s a great country to visit with all the great buildings in town.





I stayed at the Sofitel and it%26#39;s a fantastic hotel to stay. See my review bout the hotel. Best breakfast i had which includes caviar and wine for breakfast!!





Street food are in par with thai food. Good and cheap. I find foods in Benh Than is a little over priced. Not as cheap as some stalls outside/ nearby the benh than. Particulary like the noodles with crab and pork in red gravy! Yummy. Had the best pho in %26#39;Pho Hoa%26#39; at pastuer rd D3.





Went to Song Ngu and Hoi An for dinner and food was average. But pretty pricey. Had new year dinner with a fruit juice at Hoi An at US$75 perpax. Sweat... Dinner of King Prawn, vermecelli, and fish steamboat at song Ngu, 3 dishes wif drinks for US$25 per pax.







Chu chi tunnel is great for first timer but can give the Cai Dai a miss. Far drive from Chu chi but there%26#39;s nothing much to see. I think an art gallery can offer more interesting stuffs.





The cyclos ride are also interesting just for the experience as the drivers are very friendly.





When in Benh Than, Try to search for few prices on items u wanna buy before deciding where to get it. The same item can get u different quote. I went to %26#39;A%26#39; was quoted 300K for a bag but %26#39;B%26#39; can start their quote at 150K!! So even if u%26#39;re able to cut A price to half, u%26#39;ll probably be getting much lower price at B, with less hassles! Same stall, different sales will also quote u different price! So beware.





Overall, it%26#39;s a short trip for me and i intend t go again! Cos HCMC is a great and safe place to go n it%26#39;s full of ARTS!



Sharing My virgin Trip in HCMC


Thanks for sharing! Glad you had a good time. Couldn%26#39;t agree more about the cyclo rides.



Sharing My virgin Trip in HCMC


I agree, Saigon is a great little city once you get over the initial shock, nice report Joe.





Saigon sometimes reminds me of an ';intoxicated'; Hanoi.




Hi Joe,



Thanks for the headsd up! We will be there later this month and will keep all this in mind.



Cheers



Vicki %26amp; chris




hi suitejoe,





nice trip report.i%26#39;ll be going to HCMC in June..





Is the hotel u stayed expensive?





How about the cab there? are they friendly cab drivers?





thanks




Yes, Drivers are friendly there. I got great deals by joining the accor advantage club. I think, if paying the original price, bout US$200, u can easily get hotels at better location. Maybe u can visit the accorhotels website, find out bout the membership benefits and rates, then decide. Hope u enjoy urself there!


  • skin care products
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment