Monday, April 23, 2012

Travelers be aware Scam Taxi Noibai airport

The taxi driver was given the name and address of Elegance 2 which I have a reservation. When we arrived a guy met the taxi and said the hotel was full because of a big group and he would take me to Sun Flower Hotel at 32 Thuoc Bac Str.



I was checked in there and it did not seem to be the same standard as I had seen on the internet for Hanoi Elegance 2. I looked up Sun Flower Hotel on the internet and found 2 people saying they were scammed in the same way.



I called Elegance 2 to find out my room was available. A driver picked me up and all worked out.





Steven Friedlander





February 8, 2009



Travelers be aware Scam Taxi Noibai airport


You mean to say you didnt even step foot into Elegance 2 and agreed to be driven to Sun Flower ?



Travelers be aware Scam Taxi Noibai airport


Back in Hanoi and I find some of the same gimmicks still apply. Sad, really. Doesn%26#39;t sound like your taxi driver scammed you - govt has really been cracking down on this at least at the airport. If the man was waiting outside Elegance, sounds like they tried to move you to a different hotel and when you complained, they took you back to Elegance. Hotels used to shift customers here all the time, especially if they had already booked tours with someone else and I guess it%26#39;s still going on.




If you book an airport pick-up, the person from Hotel would show YOUR name, not the name of the hotel only. Then never trust a taxi driver who is approaching you and tells he%26#39;s from the hotel you have reserved (without showing the detail of your reservation).





To avoid being transferred to another hotel purposely by your hotel, when booking either pay the deposit or if not, use your company email (not free email like Yahoo, Live, Hotmail...). That%26#39;s because there are heaps of no-shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment