Monday, April 23, 2012

Orphanage in Hanoi

I%26#39;ve been slowly collecting some items to bring back with me when I visit Vietnam in the spring: kids books, art supplies, stuffed teddy bears, etc. My first stop is Hanoi, so I%26#39;d love to visit an orphanage and meet the kids, then drop everything off to them.





Is Blue Dragon the right type of place for this? I took a look at their website and they seem to be so well organized and funded.





Is there another orphanage that might enjoy this stuff? Does anyone have a personal experience with doing something similar?



Orphanage in Hanoi


We will be visiting an orphanage in Danang. I plan on bringing money, going to the orphanage to find out what they most need and then going out to purchase those goods. (In China we knew the orphanage director so actually just made a donation for her to use where it was most needed)



Orphanage in Hanoi


Hi Bellaqreen,





It%26#39;s very kind of you when you care much about the orphans even while traveling. We have some addresses of orphanage in Hanoi, hopefully you can warm these kids up in this winter by your kind heart:



_Hanoi S.O.S village in 膼ong Xa, Mai Dich, Hanoi; Tel: (04) 7644837



_Huu Nghi orphans village at 48 Thai Thinh 2 alley, Thinh Quang, Dong Da district. Tel: (04) 8532009



_Hoa Binh Thanh Xuan village (bring up kids who get effected Agent Orange) at 35 Nguyen Huy T瓢ong - Thanh Xuan Trung - Hanoi; Tel: (04) 5580214, 5583402



_Birla village in 膼ong Xa, Mai Dich, Hanoi; Tel: (04)7644790, 8347466





Hope this help,




Hello daxdax and Hanoikids! Thank you so much for the info, was helpful. It%26#39;s my second time to Vietnam this time around, so wanted to do a little something more.




Bellagreen,



I saw your post over a year ago regarding your visit to an orphanage. I am going to Hanoi in February and would like to see if there is a way for me to volunteer or visit an orphanage for a day and take some items. I would like to find an orphanage in or very near to Hanoi. Could you provide me with feedback on your visit?




I would like to add that there is Orphanage in Nha Trang that we have given support to over the last 6 years. For more info. you can contact Mr Tan the manager of the Asia Paradise Hotel. He has a big heart for the babies and children there! He will even get the hotel car to drive you there. There are lots of needs of course! Donating goods and a couple $%26#39;s is always welcome.




Hello,





I was reading your comments about visiting orphanages in Hanoi last year?did you manage to do it?I%26#39;m travelling there end of march and would like to visit one or two orphanages.Any advise will be welcome?did you contact them before ?Let me know.Thanks.



Virginie in edinburgh,Scotland-UK






Hi Bellagreen,





The Blue Dragon and recommended orphanages by Hanoi Kids are so well organised and supported. There are many orphanages in Hanoi really need your help for sure.





Last December I personally joined in a voluteer project with a group of international students at Society Sponsorship Center in Hanoi. The center looks after more than 250 people including disabled and abandones children together with homeless people. The cetner is only 1,5 hours drive from Hanoi, easy to reach and especially very friendly people there. I have visited some orphanages before this and I know for sure this is a right place where they really need your help and support. Any support from you are warly welcome at this center: sencond-hand clothes, soaps, washing 鈥損owder, toys, books are always good and useful. If you have time you can assist children with various activities including games, sports, teaching English, hygiene and education. You can find some pictures of this center at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsx1HDXTTu0.





I do not want anything out of this, only to help you and my people out. I will certainly help you to contact with this center if needed or I can pass on to you the contact details. Please let me know.





My regards,





NanViet

No comments:

Post a Comment