Friday, April 13, 2012

Red Dragon info

Hi all. After reading numerous postings on TA and doing too much research on the internet on which junk to book for a 2 day / 1 night cruise of Halong Bay, I think we have just decided to book the Red Dragon (via Hanoi Elegance 3). I think the Red Dragon sounds wonderful, but I have read that itinerary has changed recently and is not posted on their website. I am wondering if anyone can tell me if they do in fact go to visit the caves? And also the floating village? Also, if anyone who has cruised on Red Dragon could give me your feedbackof it, I would be very appreciative. One more thing, we are due to cruise in mid Feb. What is the weather like (I%26#39;d imagine somewhat chilly)? And does the junk have heat in the cabins and boat? THANK YOU!!!!!!



Red Dragon info


Thank you so much. That does help. We did go ahead and book with the Red Dragon. We are looking very forward to it!



Red Dragon info


We recently went on the Red Dragon cruise for 2 days/1 night (via Hanoi Elegance 3) and I recommend it highly. There are two Red Dragons (#1 and #2), which I believe are identical-- 5 cabins each (4 doubles, 1 triple). We were lucky enough to stay in the triple room (room 200), which is at the front of the boat and is the only room with windows on both sides.





Having been to Halong once before (the first time I stayed overnight on land in a hotel), I can%26#39;t recommend staying on a junk enough, particularly the Red Dragon. The Red Dragon goes along a less crowded route, which means that you can enjoy the tranquil beauty of the bay without seeing dozens of other boats in the background (including cruise ships, which is especially ghastly).





The activities included kayaking at sunset, swimming in the morning (the water was cool, but exhilerating), visiting a floating village, and touring Paradise Cave (the cave was underwhelming). Of course, these are all optional, and you can just rest on the deck and taking in the scenery from there instead. The crew was excellent and enthusiastic. The guest to crew ratio was about 1:1. The food awesome-- 7+ courses of fresh seafood. I highly recommend-- it is money well spent.








Thanks so much for the helpful info



very helpful! We are booked in for the red dragon in april throught Hanoi Elegance 2.





Cheers,



Izzy




I was just on Red Dragon last week and I couldn%26#39;t recommend it enough. I would like to thank all who recommended it on here. The room was huge and slept all three of us. The food was wonderful. The staff was nothing but helpful. I loved the kayaking and visiting the cave. Trully a fantastic ship.





I would like to see how many people got to sing the special Vietnam song. We are still singing it 4 days later in Sapa.

No comments:

Post a Comment