Saturday, April 21, 2012

looking for non-spicy food.

I am greatly looking forward to my vacation to VN in May and experiencing all it has to offer. I think that T/A is a wealth of information and I have learned a lot by reading most of the posts. I have searched for this question to be asked and I haven%26#39;t found an answer just yet so I ask....is Vietnamese food mainly spicy. I am not a lover of spicy foods so do restaurants use or food cooked on the streets made with hot spicy seasonings? If it is, can I ask them to leave it out without them getting insulted....because that is not my intent.



looking for non-spicy food.


Surprisingly, it is not spicy.





Generally they will put the cut fresh chilli in a bowl beside your meal. Most often you have to ask for the chilli and they they will also bring some hot (heinz etc) chilli sauce.





I found it very disappointing as I like spicy food, eg sichuan style from china. very hard to get good spicy food here except for korean. the kimchi here is really very good!



looking for non-spicy food.


Vietnamese food is wonderful, fresh and tasty, however, unlike thai food, it is not spicy at all. I love hot, spicy food and often request added chilli in dishes, although many dishes are great as they are!!





Enjoy...:)




For me, it%26#39;s good to read that the food is not prepared with hot spicy ingredients. I%26#39;ve been to Thailand and I know their food can be very spicy so I always had a bottle of water by my side. Thank you for your feedback.....I%26#39;m sure to have a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment