Friday, April 13, 2012

Which direction N-S or S-N?

Hi! I am traveling to visit distant family in Saigon. With 2 weeks to see the country and 1 week spent with family I realize I probably can%26#39;t fit everything in. Here is what I was thinking:



4 days Saigon



1 day Dalat



2 days Nha Trang



2 days Hoi An



2 Day Hue



2 days Hanoi



2 days Halong Bay



2 days Hanoi



4 days in Saigon and tour Mekong Delta





Is it recommended to go North to south or south to north? We plan to fly for the far destinations and bus or train from Saigon-Dalat-Nha trang and Hoi An-Hue. I haven%26#39;t really considered too much travel time. If a flight is 1 hr, then how long do I need to give myself? Like do I need to be at the airport 1 hr before flight and travel time into the city. I%26#39;ve heard that traveling from North to South has more flexibility so I can always change my itinerary by flying to Hanoi first. Sorry for the rambling but I%26#39;m trying to finalize the dates so that I can let my family know what to book for us.



Thanks!





Which direction N-S or S-N?




Hello Hot T,



I will only make a comment on your direction of travel. From your part of the world ( where it can get very cold), I would favour travelling N-S. Hanoi is rougly 2000 Kilometres to the north , and as a consequence , in theory it is cooler . Going this direction, you can acclimatize to the heat! HCMC is generally pretty hot ( by Toronta standards ) all year round.



I suggest you consider arriving at Hanoi.



plover



Which direction N-S or S-N?


Yes much better if you can fly into Hanoi and exit from Saigon. Travel is very slow in Vietnam so you will need to factor that in.





Try to add a little more time to Hue/Hoi An as the area is simply stunning and the food to die for.





We have pics and stories of our trip here... www.bobandjanette.com which may prove useful.





Happy %26amp; safe travels




Hi there,





For domestic flight u can go to jetstar.com and book it.





Arrange your program and then book it in advance for cheapest fare.





I booked flight Danang to Hanoi 1 month in advance.



I got USD22/pax.





Bus transportation use www.sinhcafevn.com/ processional one.







Enjoy your trip..


  • elizabeth arden
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment