Monday, April 16, 2012

Shanan's 2c - Part 3 (Mekong)

We left HCMC for the 2 day Sinh Caf茅 tour of the Mekong. However, instead of returning from Can Tho we took the local bus to Rach Gia ($6 each for 125km trip). The tour again was great value (1/4 the price of a private tour) and fulfilled my expectations. Met another 6 travellers so it was good to have company for lunches and dinners and a few beers :).





In Can Tho ate at Nam Bo and a big restaurant down on the river.





Stayed at Rach Gia overnight for the morning flight to Phu Quoc. $15 a night at the Phuong Hoang Hotel. It鈥檚 not the Ritz, but it was quiet and we had a view out the window of the ocean. We had our cheapest meal in Rach Gia, $1.50 each.





Regards,





Shanan.



Shanan's 2c - Part 3 (Mekong)


Hi Shanan





Thank you for the informative report.



Shanan's 2c - Part 3 (Mekong)


I love reading this part. Thanks for posting.




I am planning to do the Sinh Cafe three day Mekong Tour: HCMC - Cantho - Chau Doc - Phnom Penh and then bus to Siem Reap.





Are there many bus - boat change?? As I will not go back to HCMC I will have to carry my large 70l backpack, not the small weekend backpack. How is this trip carrying a large backpack, is it OK? , or carrying my backpack in this Tour will make me feel feed up of it.




Hi Shanan,





How did you book the Phuong Hoang Hotel in Rach Gia,have you an email address?

No comments:

Post a Comment