Monday, April 16, 2012

Potential Flight Schedule Changes----plover



Guys,



You might wish to keep this in the back of your mind! With the current world economic climate so bad, there is a significant reduction in routes, flights on many of the worlds airlines ---I do not leave for 8 weeks for 4 months away and I am flying Singapore Airlines out of Brisbane----Brisbane%26gt; Singapore%26gt; HCMC%26gt;Singapore%26gt; Brisbane ( stopovers in all places)----I will fly VN Airlines within Vietnam.



Tonight, I did a random check on my bookings on the SIA website and to my surprise, they had changed the date of departure by one day----I rang SIA ( they are so good and issue a new E ticket automatically) and asked them why this was so. They responded that they will be changing as necessary to keep load factors up on all flights and warned me that changes could be expected all along the way!



This will influence us all, I suspect, so can I suggest you keep your ear to the ground on all this, as in could affect hotel bookings etc when we all arrive in Vietnam ( or anywhere, for that matter)!



Cautious Thoughts,



plover







Potential Flight Schedule Changes----plover




Guys,



I should have added that if international arrival times / departure times become more erratic , this will influence the scheduling of internal flights within VN. Having flown in excess of 100 flights with Vietnam airlines , I am quite used to cancellations and rearranged flight times ---So, if you are travelling '; tight on time';, keep in contact with the internal airline you are flying on----this could affect your internal hotel arrangements!



plover

No comments:

Post a Comment