Thursday, April 19, 2012

Hiring moped/motorbike

I would like to hire a moped or motorbike for a day or maybe 2 in either Hue or Hoi an so the wife and I can tour around I would have my wife as a pillion as she has never rode before.



Is it safe to ride in these areas, do I need a license and are there plenty of petrol stations





we leave on 20th feb cant wait



Hiring moped/motorbike


In Hue we toured with ';Cafe on Thu Wheels';. I think they have a website.





My partner went with the guide and I followed on my own bike. Traffic in Hue and Hoi An was fine but I am an experienced rider so not something that I would suggest for someone who doesn%26#39;t normally ride. In Vietnam they drive on the RHS of the road just to make things interesting.





We have some pics and stories of our trip here... www.bobandjanette.com which may be useful.





Happy %26amp; safe travels



Hiring moped/motorbike


If you are set on doing this I recommend Hoi An as the traffic is a little better there. That said, traffic in VN is chaotic compared to Oz as they don%26#39;t aways keep to the right side of the road or even the road (footpath is included) or stop for stop sign or traffic lights where they exist.



In addition, technically you need a VN Driver%26#39;s Licence though they will still hire you a bike illegally. As a visitor you can%26#39;t get a VN Driver%26#39;s licence, so be very careful not to hurt yourself as your travel insurance will almost certainly not cover you.

No comments:

Post a Comment