Monday, April 16, 2012

Full Moon Festival Hoi An- Thank You!

Thank you all for your help. This is SO confusing. I thought it was on the full moon which is on May 9th. I am not sure what the 14th day of the lunar calendar is. If it were 14 days after the full moon then it would be late May.



My hotel said they checked with some locals and they did not show it was on May 9th. Then when do they show it is, I wonder! I will keep at this.



Do they really have a day each month where there are only laterns in Hoi An and if it is a full moon festival wouldnt it be on that date? LOL



This should be so easy, if it truly does happen!



I booked by trip to Hoi An to be there on May 9th. Wish me luck!





Full Moon Festival Hoi An- Thank You!


Hi RManning,



I am a Hoian local citizen, and hope this would help.



The Full Moon Festival is celebrated once a month on 14th day of the Lunar ( Chinese )Calendar. The Vietnamese are now using both Lunar and Solar Calendar.



For May 2009, the Festival will be on Friday night 08th May 2009 ( or 14th April 2009 Lunar Calendar ).



So if you arrive at Hoian on May 09th, you will miss this Fullmoon Festival, sure ! ... But you can enjoy the Buddha%26#39;s Birthday Festival held by the local Buddhists.



Regards



Mr Phuoc





Full Moon Festival Hoi An- Thank You!


Sorry to hijack your post RManning...but I am really confused about the Full Moon Festival too.





buianhphuoc...if i read your response correctly, then I will be in Hoi An for the full Moon festival? I am there on the 12th, 13th and 14th of April 2009. Is that right...or am I thick?



Thanks




Hi Tracey,



We too arrive in HoiAn on the 12th April for 7 nights, but I think we will both miss the Full Moon festival - what a bummer - I think it may be around the 8th April.



Cheers,



Sandy



PS We are staying at the HoiAn Beach Resort




Sandy...maybe we%26#39;ll see you there. We are at the Victoria, but will be doing some diving with rainbow divers who are based at your hotel. Tracey




Thank you Mr. Phouc.



I am arriving in Hoi An on May 8th so I am excited to know I will be there for the festival. I am staying at The Nam Hai at the beach outside of town, but will make sure to go into town for this. THANKS




Hi RManning,



The Nam Hai Resort is just 04 km from the city center of Hoian. Enjoy your stay at this '; Number 01'; Beach Resort.



If you need any further information about Hoian, i am pleased to help. Or if you have free time in Hoian, i will TREAT you strong Vietnamese coffee



Regards



P/s : I live just 1.5km from the Nam Hai and can be reached at my cellphone +84.982 744 743






Hi Tracy07,





I%26#39;ve just looked up in the Calendar, 12th, 13th and 14th of April 2009 of your Calendar are 18th, 19th and 20th of March 2009 in Lunar Calendar. So you will miss the Festival then.





SandyL, you are right ! The Festival is on 8th April, 2009.





Regards



Phuoc












Thank you very much Phuoc for your help. Tracey






Hi Guys,



I think this table will clear up the difference between the Gregorian ( Western Calender) and the Lunar Calender.



Reading horizontally along the top, it gives the dates of the Gregorian Calender. Reading down the table on the left gives the months.



So we can see that the 4th Lunar month starts on the 25th April,( Gregorian) 14 days later is the Hoi An festival---the 8th May,2009.( Gregorian Calender)



The third lunar month commences on the 27th March,( Gregorian), 14 days later is the 9th April( Gregorian). Mr Phuoc is correct.



This conversion table is useful for calculating the Hoi An Festivals throughout the year and also how we can compare the 2 Calenders for other festivals and events based on the Lunar Calender!



plover





observatory.hk/gts/…2009e.pdf







No comments:

Post a Comment