Monday, April 16, 2012

Which village do I choose to for a homestay?

Has anyone experienced a self-organised homestay with the Ta Phin village, as advertised through the Footprint website? If so, how was your experience?





Are there any other villages that you can organise to homestay with, without going on an organised tour?





Also, what villages are a must see? We have 3D/2N in Sapa would like to spend at least 1N in a homestay.



Which village do I choose to for a homestay?


One more question, if we decide to trek around to different villages, where do I organise a guide?



Which village do I choose to for a homestay?


A home stay in Sapa is a wonderful experience. Try to do two nights as this will give you a chance to stay in two different villages with two different minority groups. I suggest you stay one night in Tavan and the second night in Ban Ho.





You can organise your homestay when you arrive in Sapa, my advice is to go with a travel company or hotel which gives back to the local community or one that hires local minority guides.





If you need any more assistance please contact me. Thank you




Hi



Taphin is too near Sapa, and not so nice. Better to stay in Tavan village or further in BanHo Village which is nicer.





Have a nice trip!!!




Thank you both very much, and yes thanks Happy in Sapa, I would love to somehow give something back to the people but still retain a sense of independance that you can lose on organised tours. Once a guide is hired, is it possible to then organise a homestay without having to join a whole bunch of other people?





Also, would you happen to know what the best train for sleeping on is? My travelling partner does not sleep well at the best of times so I would like to find a really comfortable train for her. How far in advance do I need to book one of these trains, if we are travelling mid-week in early December?




Ban Ho village is highly recommended. King Express Train, Livi Train, or Victoria Express train is comfortable for staying and overnight.




Awesome, thank you!




Ta Phin is good yet you should do some trekking from Ma Tra to Ta Phin in the afternoon, it is suitable to stay in the evening.



I must say homestay with Red Dzao people is quite lovely




Cool, thanks very much for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment